Saturday, October 21, 2006

Raucous Lullaby for a New Dark Age

here's a silly little song I started a while ago, picked up and finished yesterday:

when a black cat walks under a ladder or
steps on a crack, forgetting its mother,
you know its getting serious,
you know there's not much time for all of this
singing at mirrors and laughing at jokes,
anything without a permission note,
don't you know it, don't you know it,
don't you know by now---

the frog is a prince and the prince is a beastly thing
smelling of mint, no he won't even take a drink,
and while it may seem curious,
now it's getting late for this,
and listen to your governments.

I could be mistaken, so don't take my word on it, I could be mistaken, so don't take my word on it, I could be mistaken, so don't take my word on it, I could be mistaken, so don't take my word on it, I could be mistaken, so don't take my word on it,
there may not be a cure for this,
terminal or even worse.

So go to sleep,
make other dreams.
Go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home